October 07, 2013

Music Lovin' Monday



Royals-Lorde 

I can easily picture this being on HBO's Girls, if it hasn't been already. For some reason this reminds me my girlfriends and I, either acting crazy on the dance floor or just casually chilling at somebody's apartment, drinking wine and trying to figure out how to play the Friends trivia game (we kind of did that already). 





That's How She Rolls-Chase Rice 

Thank you to Pandora for introducing me to this one; I'm not sure why I like it per say, other than I heard it once and it has been stuck in my head ever since. 





Over-Blake Shelton

This one isn't exactly new; I've heard it on the radio before, but I discovered it again when I was making a country playlist for some friends of mine. It has been on repeat and just about gives me chills every time. I don't see it as just being about a guy doing his damndest to get the woman he loves, but about two people who genuinely understand and respect each other. It's mellow, yet powerful at the same time. 



Faithfully-Glee Version

The first time I heard this was during my freshman year of college; I was sitting in a friend's dorm room and she was talking about the relationship that she had with her then-long-distance boyfriend. Meanwhile, I was also thinking about somebody special (at the time) and it moved me to tears. That aside, the song in itself still makes me cry whenever I hear it, and is honestly one of the most beautiful renditions Glee has ever done. 




Brave-Sara Bareilles 

Though I'm not the biggest fan of her voice, I definitely prefer this over Katy Perry's "Roar," which there has been a lot of talk regarding how similar they are. This song has a simple, yet positive message and that's ultimately what makes it awesome.  




Have a good week! 


All music video credit goes to Youtube

photo credit: boston_camera via photopin cc



No comments: