December 25, 2010

Baby Don't Worry...

...about a thing, because every little thing is gonna be all right!


This was meant to be for yesterday, but I didn't have enough time to type it all out


December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? 


There wasn't exactly a defining moment, so to speak. It was after my senior prom, and although it was one of the best nights of my life (probably the best dance that I'd been to in my high school career) I was honestly relieved that it was over. As it is with any formal night out, there was some amount of stress in the weeks leading up to it, and it was nice knowing that I could now relax and look forward to graduation and later going away to college. 


Over time, I would come to realize that everything really does work out in the long run. That what doesn't kill you, really does make you stronger. That a lot of things in life are beyond our own comprehension, and often it's best to just let go and allow God to take care of the rest. 


I used to look for signs in regards to the ending of particular hardship; sometimes it would be a glowing red-orange sunset over the lake. Occasionally, it would be a butterfly. Yet, there were also times when I wouldn't see any sort of sign at all. And than I would wonder if I was being punished for something and if I would come out of this tunnel unscathed. 


I've been through enough where I've learned that regardless of how something painful is, or how long that hardship lasts, you eventually do get through it. It may take months, even years for you to feel "ok" again; but eventually, you will. 


As I've grown up, I've come to the conclusion is that if we can take anything from the difficulties we face, it's growth. I would not know what I know now, nor would I be the person that I am today had it not been for the "downs" in life. I believe that's how we appreciate it; through not experiencing joy and happiness all the time. You have to have things taken away from you in order to learn not to take anything else for granted. 


But as the saying goes, everything will be ok, in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

No comments: