December 19, 2009

This time..you do it

I've never been the type to have very high standards in regards to men. I've always been pretty outgoing and am not afraid to go up to a guy and talk to him, call him, ect. You get the idea right? I wrote this after my last potential relationship (if you want to call it that) somewhat fizzled out. Deep down, I've always wanted a guy to be the one to come after me, not exactly the other way around.

The Chase



Ever since the early years, love has never been far from my mind


Always had an object of affection


But that doesn’t mean it worked out every time


Now I haven’t quite got it all figured out


Still a puzzle, why things tend to happen the way they do


All I know is that feelings have often left me blind


Blind enough to where if I don’t do it, then it doesn’t happen at all


Maybe I’ll give waiting an old-fashioned swing


Not what you’re thinking, but waiting for him to come to me


Don’t expect a date if you won’t be the one to ask


Don’t think I’ll go tracking you down if you decide that you’ve had enough and won’t bother to call me back


Be sincere what you surprise me, not just because it’s what I’d want


And there’s definitely no need to rush


I’m tired of being on an endless merry-go-round


Sick of what never seems to come full circle


I want someone to fall in love with me first, then give me a good enough reason to love them back


It may be a lot of work


But I’ll make it worth the chase