August 13, 2013

What I'm Loving Right Now: Music Edition

In terms of blogging, these last couple of months have been pretty deep and heavy; not to say that I won't continue writing in that regard, but I wanted to give myself (and readers) a bit of a break. For future reference, I will call this Music Lovin' Monday, but for now I'll just give you a taste of what's been on heavy Spotify, Pandora, and Ipod rotation.


Sunny and 75-Joe Nichols 
-I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it, and stood out in the pouring rain to hear him sing it at Country Thunder! It reminds me of being on vacation in Wisconsin, specifically when I used to go there as a kid. It has become one of my favorites, along with him as an artist. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him again one day!


Runnin' Outta Moonlight-Randy Houser
-This always comes on when I'm cleaning my apartment, and I tend to get the urge to use my counter top as a drum set! It's also fun for a car ride when you're sitting in traffic. 



Robin Thicke-Blurred Lines 

-With questionable lyrics and a bit of risque music video, it's no wonder this song has taken a lot of heat. Next to Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" it will probably become one of the most overplayed songs on the radio by the time the summer is over. Yet if it comes on when my girlfriends and I go out, I have no choice but to drop whatever I'm doing and just dance! It's that catchy. 

Cruise Remix-Florida Georgia Line and Nelly
-fans will complain that this is awful and in no way resembles real country music, but I think it's actually pretty neat. Initially I hated it, but then it grew on me; at the end of junior year I went out to eat with two of my guy friends, and when this song came out we all start singing it really loud and just had a good time. I guess you could say it reminds me of them now! 



Drink A Beer-Luke Bryan
-In honor of the fact that his new album is now out! It's very different from what he usually does, but still incredibly honest and I like it a lot. It's something to relate to and sums up a lot of what I've been feeling lately. When you don't know what to say or how to express yourself, it's just easier to do what you know. Sometimes it's crying until you can't cry anymore. Other times it's  just getting away for a little while...and having a drink while you're at it. Either way, Luke is one of my favorite artists and I have some incredible memories from the times I've seen him live. I would go every year if I could, and would love for him to be at Country Thunder again! He's so darn good with a crowd, and I love the way he says "Twin Lakes." *begins to giggle like a little girl*






I have quite a list, but would like to split it up as time goes on. As of right now, I will try to do this every other week, so that way I don't give an entire selection over the course of a month. Overall, it was refreshing to do something like this for the first time. Tell me, what do you think of this list so far? What have you been listening to?

All music video credits go to Youtube!


No comments: