January 04, 2013

Friday Finds and Link Time!

Toward the end of 2012, I began to notice that my blog seemed a little bland. Not in the sense of lacking in content or design, but more like it was the same stuff over and over again. As I've said, writing heavy posts all the time can get a little exhausting, and I can imagine that my readers might feel the same way when the read them. And that I realized how many other great articles, blog posts, videos, and even tweets that I come across by the time the week is over. I thought it would be fun to share them as a way to kind of lift people up as the weekend begins, or at least provide some other food for thought. I don't know if I'll do it every Friday, depending on what other stuff comes up. But here you go!



  • How two parents inspired a pay it forward movement after their son's brave battle with cancer (via People.com).


  • As a blogger, has their ever come a point where you felt like you were writing strictly for your readers instead of for yourself? One of my favorites talks about how he's taking his blog and his life back (via Single Dad Laughing).



Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your Friday finds. I'm a fan of this segment. Fridays are my fiction days. I use it to still write poetry without feeling as if I have to exclusively write one way or another.

http://copiousmusings.wordpress.com/