November 23, 2010

Part 2

I was reading over my previous post, and I realized that I may have come off as a bit of a know-it-all when it comes to men and relationships. In all sincerity, that was not my intention at all; and I probably only know a tiny fraction of what there is to know about that kind of stuff. But I wanted to clarify (and perhaps  apologize) to those that might have been slightly offended by what I said. I was not trying to tell anyone what to do, but to simply state my opinion in regards to how I feel about those particular aspects.

Truthfully, doing a lot of thinking about love and relationships, and how those two things together have affected my life thus far. And not only that, but I asked myself, just what do you truly want in a man? What do you want to get out a relationship with someone? What do you want to give to that person that you're in a relationship with?

When it all comes down to it, I just want a guy that is able to understand me and fully accept me for the person that I am. A guy that will communicate with me and not be afraid to tell me how he feels, whether it be good or bad. But most importantly, a guy that will take his time with me and whatever we might have in the future. That's when I believe real love can happen; when two people give it time and don't rush into anything

I know that being with someone isn't a fairytale, or that all your problems will be solved. I've never envisioned it to be all the cliches that it's often portrayed as. Truthfully, I don't really want something out of a movie or a book, but to be unique and all our own. Forget dinner and a movie; I want to be doing something where I can laugh and be my sweet, bubbly self. Don't give me things or do stuff for me if you think that I just expect them; be honest and sincere.

The most frustrating part is feeling like there are so many loopholes to get through; It's like looking at a perfectly straight line and then realizing that there are all these criss-crossed laser beams to avoid. In reality it's probably quite simple. We as a culture just tend to make it more complicated then it needs to be.

For now, I'm focusing on myself and just meeting people. I need to be able to get to know someone without constantly living in fear of them leaving or hurting me. I need to take chances without constantly going over the what-if's. I need to leave the past where it is and keep moving forward.

No comments: