July 07, 2009

Family Matters

My family (Mom's side) and I spent this past weekend up at my Aunt and Uncle's lake house for the 4th of July. Aside from the little bit of rain we got and the chilly water, it was perfect. I spent alot of time tubing with my cousin and sister, and we were all treated to my Uncle's anual fireworks display saturday night.

Last night I took my sister and her friend to see My Sister's Keeper. I can't really say I enjoyed it all that much compared to the book, although that happens in most cases when I watch movies that are based on novels. I won't give away the ending, but it was definately a tear-jerker. I gave my sister a big, long hug after it was over.

My mom made a comment last night about how proud she was of me and my siblings. Not just because of our academic and activity-related accomplishments, but because of how we are when it comes to family-related things. Although I can't speak for how the two of them feel, but I myself really don't mind going to get-togethers or outings. I think its awesome that my Grandparents take us out to movies and/or lunch whenever they can, and that I can see my family as often as I do. I've learned to really appreciate all of it because I know various people that don't have what I have. Plus, I know that there will come a time where I won't have it as much.

No comments: