July 15, 2009

Current Happenings

My first college application has been sent in, and so begins what a good portion of senior year is all about. I'd say the hardest part is the essay; I haven't gotten one with an exact topic as of yet, but they did ask for a written statement. It's basically a written letter explaining why you want to go to that school, and why you should be accepted. I don't know about anyone else that's written those things, but it can be hard. It seems like you really have to know why you want to go to a particular school, and have valid reasons.
And I did have reasons, but it was challenging to put them in paragraph form because I'm not sure right now if thats what I want: I don't know if I want to be on a campus where everything is close together, where the classrooms are smaller, and where if you don't know everyone's names, you will eventually know their faces.

But what I do know, is that I want an experience that won't feel like high school. I want it to be different, and I want it to be broad (if that makes any sense).

I'm visiting WIU this weekend to see what a medium-sized campus is like, as well as the actual school. I did do alot of research on the website, and it looked decent. But like all things, the internet can't tell you everything you need to know. I'm just trying to keep an open mind and heart, and praying that whatever college I eventually choose will be the right one.

In other news...

I'm getting foot surgery this coming Monday, the day after I come home. I'm getting a bunionectomy on my left foot, very similar to the operation that was done on my right foot two years ago. I was going to have it origonally done in the fall, but our insurance is changing real soon and there weren't a whole lot of options.
Like all happenings in my life, I'm trying to focus on the positive side. Granted, I wasn't (and deep down, am still not) very happy about having to do this during the summertime. But the more I've thought about it, the more I've begun to consider it a blessing in disguise. I'll get it out of the way and won't have to worry about falling behind and getting around school. I'll be able to take those months and focus more on what really needs to be focused on.

Through it all, I know that everything will be fine. Life doesn't always go the way we plan, but all I can do right now is remember that I am in God's hands, and just go with the flow.

No comments: