October 14, 2015

I'm Just Going to Say




I didn't write this as a way to sound negative or depressed, but to acknowledge the reality that as life changes, so do people. It's not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but it is what it is and sometimes you just have to roll with it. It doesn't mean that love isn't there, it just takes different shapes over the course of time. 








I know we’re in different places in our lives
No longer bound by a singular common thread
Our “new normal” is one of divergence
Jobs, relationships, thought processes
Maybe we don’t talk as much as we used to
Keeping up through beeps, clicks, and computer screens
Conversations are short, but sweet

I may not know your reasons, but respect them nonetheless
It could be busyness, more responsibilities, or the chaos of daily life
Perhaps this is just a season
 I believe in and hold on gently to
One day reconnecting

No pushing or persuading
No crying or complaining
I root and cheer for you

Celebrating your accomplishments
Offering encouragement and support whenever possible
Time apart doesn’t mean that we care less
Silence does not indicate a lack of anything
It’s just life

For now
While we’re wandering, dreaming, and living
I’m just going to say
I’m here for you
I see you
I’ll listen
Love and friendship

Always

No comments: