December 10, 2013

Sentiments Behind The Song




Music 

What is your favorite song from 2013? 

This year was a great year in music, and I love sharing new songs/artists that I find through my "Music Monday" series. From "Sunny and 75" by Joe Nichols to "Wake Me Up" by Avicii, it's so hard to choose just one. But if I had to pick a favorite I would say....


Mirrors, by Justin Timberlake


Call me an old-fashion romantic, but I'm a sucker for love songs, and this is about the closest thing to one this year (at least within the pop genre). I don't consider them a lost art, but I tend not to hear them very much now a days. While I'm not sure if I'm believe in the notion of a "other half," I can get behind the idea of two people complimenting each other. More so, they bring  out the best in each other and make their lives better, which is part of what this song is about. 

I've never admitted this before, but listening to it reminds me that love does exist. Despite what I've been through and what I'm still working through, I don't need proof in numbers or success stories to know that it's possible. It's just a matter of being open to it and having the right attitude. 

There is a very powerful music video for this, but unfortunately was unable to find it on Youtube.

And yes, I would one day like to slow dance to this!



No comments: